It´s all about the views!
In particular where you can see both the Aegean and Mediterranean seas split by a slither of forest and windy road, as you pass up or down the mountains, or on either descent towards Marmaris. There are some great corners that vary so much in their nature they will keep you entertained.
The route finishes in Datca - a good small harbour town, with a few nice restaurants, bars and beaches with a refreshing breeze during the hot summer months. Eski Datca (Old Datca) is very pretty with good food.
Marmaris is much larger and busier, but you should have a good night out there!
Over the past 10 years there´s been a lot of construction work to improve the roads from very narrow, single carriageway with no barriers, to wide dual carriageways to Marmaris, then wider single carriageways.
As a warning there can be quite a few hazards, examples:
- crazy local driving, with overtaking very close (or in middle of) corners
- drivers cutting corners, usually ignoring lines painted on the roads
- loose donkeys, dogs, scooter riders with no helmets on most stretches towards Marmaris, then onwards to Datca
- cars or lorries tailgating bikers
- roadworks can leave a lot of loose gravel and a crazy system of cones